Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fall in Love with Jesus

Study Passages: 1 John 4:10-11, Ephesians. 4:2, Psalms 91:14-16, Matthew 22:37, 39


Does the love of God create in you a desire to obey, serve, and to pray to Him each day? Are you passionately pursuing your relationship with God? The Bible says that we can love Him even though we do not see Him because He first loved us (1 John 4:10-11).

How do we create a viable, loving relationship with Jesus? In 1 John we learn that "..whoever keeps His word in him the love of God has truly been perfected...". So we can generate God's love in our hearts by being committed to obeying His Word, and then we will be excited about obeying because now we are in love with Him. John 14:14 states that, "If you love me, you will keep My commandments." This is why Paul states that we should live a life of love, because it allows us to worship God (Ephesians. 4:2).

When we love God, God responds is a beautiful way. In Psalms 91:14-16, the writer tells us what the Lord promises for those who love Him: "Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble I will rescue him, and honor him. With a long life I will satisfy him, and let him behold My salvation."

The greatest command that we should all be committed to is "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind..... You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 22:37, 39)

I challenge you today to fall in love with Jesus, and He will put everything else in its rightful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment